Wednesday, August 1, 2012

171.2 Lost 5.6 Lbs in July

Oops! I made a mistake.  I used my weight yesterday as my end-of-the-month weight, forgetting, I guess, that yesterday was still a day in July.  Therefore the weight I lost yesterday still counts for July.  So I lost not 4.8 but 5.6 lbs. last month, after losing another .8 lbs. yesterday.  I lost that weight even with drinking lots of wine and eating a hefty dessert yesterday, so..clearly biking is the form of exercise for me!  Tomorrow is my re-assessment; I'm excited to see what my corresponding inch loss is.

Tonight Jack and I made Kung Pao chicken using a recipe from our Cook's Illustrated cookbook.  It was really good, AND super fast and easy!  Our only complaint was that it wasn't spicy enough (we added about 10 dried chili peppers but maybe it didn't cook long enough to give them a chance to impart flavor).   There's a ton of other stir fry recipes in the cookbook that I'm really excited to try out now.

Yesterday I biked for 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Here's what I ate:

2 mini toaster pastry crisps
glass of apple juice
hardboiled egg
9 dates (I can't get enough of those!)
lamb curry with potatoes
small portion jasmine rice
naan
slice of caramel apple pie with large portion of ice cream
4 glasses of red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment