Sunday, August 19, 2012

171.6 Flat Tire Mystery Solved

On Friday afternoon Jack and I went up to the farm.  We went to a BBQ restaurant for dinner with his parents and friends then sat around a fire back at the farm.  One of the family friends, Ann, happened to start telling me about how recently she and her sister took a ride on KT trail and not only did both of them get flats, but they passed a group of about 6 people, all of whom had flats.  She said she found out it was caused by a certain type of tree in one area of the trail which had been raining down thorns because of how dry it's been this summer.  So I wasn't too far off track when I thought it was because someone had been throwing nails onto the trail!  I'm glad I know about the thorns now so I can avoid that part of the trail.  I wonder how many people have been stranded because of this?

By the way, almost everyone who was up at the farm commented that it looked like I had lost weight.

On Saturday morning Jack went squirrel hunting with his dad and I spent the afternoon on a raft in the lake.  That evening we drove up to Columbia to visit a few friends and went to a great English pub style restaurant called 44 Stone.  Then today we finished up our weekend by stopping through the Festival of the Little Hills, an annual arts and crafts festival in St. Charles.  Jack and I bought a green chili soup mix which we had gotten last year and really liked.

On Friday my workout was the pilates class.  Here's what I ate:

slice of zucchini bread with butter
glass of carrot juice
2% greek  yogurt
a few strips of beef jerky
handful of almonds
grilled chicken breast on hamburger bun with lettuce and tomato with side of fries
1 BBQ rib
a few bites of mashed potatoes and gravy
chocolate bar
5 light beers

Yesterday I did not workout.  Here's what I ate:

veggies with a couple tablespoons of dip
2 slices of bologna and 1 slice of cheese on wheat bread with mayo and mustard
handful of whole grain crackers
slice of cheesy garlic bread
2 lamb sliders (small lamb patty between 2 pita triangles with tzaziki sauce)
1/2 pork belly sandwich with avocado and egg
small portion mashed potatoes
hardboiled egg
2 ciders, 1 porter, 1 stout, 1 wheat, and 2 Coors Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment