Monday, August 13, 2012

170.0 Body Pump

Today I went to a class at the other location of the gym called "Body Pump."  I expected it to be pretty much the same as Muscle Works, and in general it was, but with some key differences.  First of all, I was immediately thrown off even before the class began because the weights for the barbells were labeled with kilograms instead of pounds.  I didn't know what the conversion was, so I picked up the 5 kg ones, which didn't feel that heavy to me.  Well, I was dying in this class, for two reasons: 1) 5 kg is 11 lbs, plus it turns out the bars also weigh a couple lbs, and 2) we did WAY more repetitions of each exercise than in the Muscle Works.  Other than that, I really enjoyed the class.  The instructor was really nice and full of energy.  She somehow got the workout perfectly choreographed to the music, so that when we were really going hard, the music was more upbeat, and we would finish a set just as a song was ending.  She was really good!  Tomorrow I'm going to try out the spin class.

Yesterday for my workout I did the elliptical for 20 minutes and walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes.  Here's what I ate:

cereal
small glass of Naked juice
leftover pasta and veggie bake
orange soda
2 jalapeno poppers
a bunch of small chocolate dipped cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment