Monday, August 27, 2012

168.8 Body Pump Videos

I've been going to the Body Pump class every Monday for the last few weeks, and today I realized that this will probably be last one I get to go to because of starting my new job.  I looked online to see if I could find a video, and youtube did not disappoint me.  Although I could not find a whole hour-long video, I did find a playlist which includes 10 videos, 5-6 minutes each.  The first and last videos are warm-up and cool-down, and each one inbetween consists of one song during which you target a certain muscle group (each of the videos is from a different gym/instructor, and some of the videos are pretty bad quality, but it was the best I could find!).  I found out today that Body Pump is always the same; every 3 months they come out with a different choreography, and wherever you go in the world the class will be taught the same way.  Interesting!  I need to buy some dumbbells so I can start doing this at home.  Here's the link to the youtube playlist.

I lost 1.2 lbs yesterday!  I wonder if this might be due to only doing cardio, no muscle training.  The month ends this Friday and I only need to lose .6 more to meet my goal of 5 lbs this month.  For my workout yesterday I did the elliptical for 20 minutes (levels 12-15) then walked for 25 minutes.  Here's what I ate:

1/2 avocado with egg, poached
mango protein shake
nonfat greek yogurt
slice of leftover lasagna
chips and salsa
large bowl of spumoni ice cream

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am really impressed, that u have such a nice goal :) U can also check for more bodypump information and videos here --> http://www.bodypumpworkout.com/videos/ Stay motivated :)

    ReplyDelete