Thursday, August 23, 2012

170.0 Size 12 in Bridesmaid Dress

Excited about my size 10 in Target clothes yesterday, today I headed over to JC Penny's to try on the bridesmaid dress and see if I fit into the 12 (I was a 14 when I tried it on last in KC a couple months ago).  Alas, the 12 did fit!  A bit snug around the chest but perfect everywhere else.  I think it's safe to assume I could be a 10 by the time of the wedding (mid-November).  In case anyone's wondering, I didn't expect to already be a 10 in the dress based on the Target clothes because I always have to go a size up in dresses (mainly because of my chest).

Today I made a really yummy sandwich for lunch.  I bought some avocados at the store today and also picked up a few different varieties of peppers from our garden.  Recently I got a package of "skinny" wheat bread from Aldi (imagine a hamburger bun but flat and thin--only 100 calories).  I sauteed a bell pepper, banana pepper, and a few jalapenos in some olive oil, then piled them onto the bread along with half an avocado and a slice of cheese, then added some more oil to the pan and made a grilled cheese sandwich.  It was really good, even better than I expected!

I'm still not losing as much weight as I'd like, but at least I'm losing steadily instead of yo-yoing.  Actually, I think it's just because I'm gaining a lot of muscle mass which is counteracting my weight loss.  Especially in the last couple weeks, I've noticed that I look pretty toned and muscular.  And even though I haven't been losing much weight, every morning I look in the mirror and think I look a little thinner.  I wonder if the difference might be that lately I've cut back a bit on carbs and started feeding my muscles the protein they deserve for working so hard!

Yesterday for my workout I went to the hour-long spin class.  Here's what I ate:

slice of zucchini bread with butter
glass of carrot juice
glass of V8
medium portion of leftover candied sweet potatoes
2% greek yogurt
muscle milk
small salad with cheese, croutons, and fat-free ranch
burger with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and mustard on kaiser bun
2 Coors Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment