Friday, August 17, 2012

171.0 Pilates/Lost No Weight This Week

Well it seems that even though I tried my darndest to lose weight yesterday, I still gained weight.  I had a very light meal for dinner and ate nothing more even though I was still hungry afterwards.  Later, after laying in bed for a couple hours without sleeping, I realized I was never going to fall asleep with my tummy rumbling so I went for a midnight snack.  Perhaps eating so late is the reason I gained the weight.

I went to the pilates class today and it was great.  It made me realize how inflexible I am!  Like I said before, I used to do pilates all the time years back and I was much more flexible back then.  I would like to get back to that state.  The other day, I found this 20-minute Windsor Pilates video on youtube.  It's the same one my sister Katie and I bought together back in high school and did so often.  It brings back memories!  I'm going to start doing this at home at least once a week (there are other 20-30 minute pilates videos on youtube too); all I have to do is hook the laptop up to the TV, make some room, and pull out my yoga mat!  :)

Now for some bad news: my "reward dress" came in the mail the other day and I'm going to have to return it.  It is RIDICULOUSLY small.  If I didn't know what size it was, I would've guessed XS.  Even at my goal weight it wouldn't fit me because it looks like it's made for a very petite/short/small-boned person (aka not me!).  I can't exchange it for a bigger size because they were already sold out of the size large.  I will just have to keep my eye out for another new years dress!

Yesterday for my workout I went to the muscle works class.  Here's what I ate:

0% greek yogurt
glass of V8
apple
package of cream cheese crackers
bowl of lentil soup
glass of Naked juice
midnight snack: hardboiled egg, handful of shredded cheddar cheese, 3 spoonfuls of almond butter, and a glass of milk




1 comment:

  1. I think you would lose if you did 30 minutes of cardio a day. Strength training is great for definition, but it is cardio that burns the calories, in my experience. I just walk for cardio. It's lower impact than running. I think lower impact is better, but it is just an amateur opinion.

    ReplyDelete