Wednesday, June 27, 2012

? More Dress Shopping

Today my mom and I went to a couple more stores to see if we could find any other bridesmaids dresses we liked.  We didn't find anything else, so we decided to go with one we found yesterday.  It's very pretty and sort of hard to describe, but here goes: it's sort of orangey-pink colored, with a gold sheen.  It has a v-neck with about 2 inch straps and poofy roses on one side of the neckline.  The bottom part is sort of like a pencil skirt and ends about 3 inches above the knee.  I think gold heels would look very nice with it (that was actually my dad's idea!).  Because I will continue to lose weight and drop dress sizes, my parents are going to go ahead and buy the 14 that fits me now, as well as a 12 and 10 (the wedding is in November).  I'm so glad they are understanding about that because sometimes when you alter a dress it just doesn't look the same.  Happily the store we got the dress from has an indefinite return policy.

Today for my workout I did my mom's Denise Austen muscle toning video (on VHS, hehe).  It was a lot better than I thought it would be!  The heaviest weights my mom had were 6 lbs, so I didn't think I'd feel the burn much, but Denise did fewer types of exercises with more repetitions, so I really was hurting!  Throughout the whole video she says motivational things, like "Yeah!  Keep going!  You're gonna look great!  You're gonna have sexy arms and a sexy butt!  I'm so proud of you!"  It sort of made me laugh but it also helped.

Yesterday my workout was walking around the mall.  Here's what I ate:

hardboiled egg
large banana
hot dog wrapped in a biscuit
1/2 turkey sandwich and 1/2 chicken salad from Panera
a few bites of broccoli cheddar soup
strawberry ginseng smoothie
homemade brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment