Saturday, June 16, 2012

179.0 Brewery Festival

Hurray, I'm in 170s land!  Hopefully not to return to the 180s ever again.  And, I've lost almost 10 lbs (178.6 would make it 10).  Since I've lost 2 lbs in the last 2 days, I'll go ahead and assume I was 180 yesterday, meaning I lost 2.4 lbs last week.  That's about what I need to be losing per week to meet my 8 lb goal for the month (which I probably won't meet anyway since I didn't lose any weight the first week).

Today Jack and I are going to the annual St. Louis Heritage Festival, which is the biggest brewery festival of the year,  including all breweries in the St. Louis area.  When you get there, they give you a sample glass (about 5 oz. I think) and you can go from booth to booth, sampling as much beer as you want.  When you're trying to lose weight, this is one of those days when you need a plan!  I know last year when we went, I really drank about as much beer as my body could hold, but that can't happen this time or I'll be back in 180s land tomorrow.  I told this to Jack and he protested, saying I needed to "get my money's worth."  I think that's a gluttonous cognition which leads to no good in any walk of life, not just food and drink.  You should never take more than you need or want, just to get your money's worth!  So anyway, I will try to truly "sample" the beers, without going overboard by trying to chug them down.

Yesterday for my "workout," I scraped paint for a couple hours.  Here's what I ate:

hardboiled egg
1 slice banana nut bread
nonfat greek yogurt
2 carrots
apple
crispy chicken sandwich from McDonald's
8 oz pom juice
2 light beers, 1 stout
potato chips

No comments:

Post a Comment