Sunday, June 3, 2012

182.2 Long Hike and French Restaurant

Yesterday Jack and I went for a hike on the Lewis and Clark trails in Weldon Springs, MO.  We met our friend Cole there and hiked for 8.2 miles, which took us 3 hours.  There were a lot of hills and some great views of the Missouri river.  We had planned to go camping this weekend but it did not work out for a couple of reasons; this was a great substitute.

Later the three of us met up with a few other friends at a French restaurant called Cafe Provencal.  It was reasonably priced and the portions were actually very large, which was unexpected.  Jack and I each got lamb shank as our entree, and neither of us could eat more than a fourth of it.  It was fattier than I thought it would be, but then again it was the first time I'd ever had lamb shank.

The hike was my workout yesterday.  Here's what I ate:

cereal
2 handfuls pistachios
nonfat cottage cheese
small portions of smoked salmon, smoked trout, and pate on toasted baguette
1 piece of bread with butter
bowl of tomato curried bisque
small part of lamb shank
small part of chocolate tart (to die for, btw)
2 glasses red wine
1 beer

No comments:

Post a Comment