Tuesday, June 19, 2012

179.6 White Tea

     



Pictured above is an iced white/jasmine tea mix I had in the morning a few days ago (the other picture is of me and my friend Chelsea from when she came to visit the weekend before last).  Recently my mom told me she had heard that a good way to kick start your metabolism after you wake up in the morning is to drink a glass of ice water before you eat anything.  Jack also told me recently that he heard that white and green teas boost your metabolism, helping you burn up to 200 calories a day.  I thought I would mix the two philosophies and have a glass of iced tea in the morning every day when I wake up!  Chances are, it doesn't actually work, but I have nothing to lose because I like iced tea anyway and it gives me a nice caffeine boost in the morning.  Green tea is a little too bitter for me, so I've been using white tea every day, adding a little bit of flavored tea or other kinds of tea to spice things up.  Examples are: jasmine, ginger peach, acai green, apple, honey ginger, and raspberry.  Every night I make the tea in my french press, then let it sit in the fridge overnight.  Then in the morning I just pour it in a glass over ice.  I actually think I've been losing a little more weight since I started this regimen!

I gained .8 lbs yesterday, probably because of the fattening and salty dinner I had last night.  I did my regular workout yesterday, with a total distance of 5.15 miles.  Here's what I ate:

cereal
2 carrots
apple
chicken stir fry from Trader Joe's
fried rice from a chinese restaurant
3 crab rangoon from a chinese restaurant
2 pork/veggie lettuce wraps from Trader Joe's

No comments:

Post a Comment