Friday, June 15, 2012

? I Feel Healthier

Unfortunately I didn't weigh myself today because I didn't go to the gym.  So I won't know how much weight I lost this week, but it was probably only a couple pounds at the most (if anything!  Who knows, maybe I gained weight yesterday).

Today I planned on repainting the door frame outside Jack's parents' office, but I didn't get very far.  I had to scrape the paint off first, and I had never done that before.  I was sort of confused about it in the sense that I thought that all the paint had to be scraped off.  After laboring on that for a few hours in the 90 degree heat and getting practically nowhere, I gave up!  Later Jack told me you only have to get the flaky parts off, so I will finish the work on Monday.  Anyway, although I didn't officially work out today, my arms got pretty tired from scraping and I also felt like I was using other muscles in my body, so I consider that a workout.

Despite not having lost much weight yet this month, I generally feel healthier and fitter and think I look a little better too.  A few people have also commented that it looks like I've lost weight.  So maybe it is just that I am gaining muscle mass!

Yesterday for my workout I ran 1.25 miles (!), walked .25 miles, and went to the Muscle Works class.  Later Jack and I also took a short bike ride to the garden and back.  The garden is doing so well; we think we will have tomatoes in a couple weeks!  Here's what I ate yesterday:

hardboiled egg
1 slice banana nut bread
salad with carrots, zucchini, and dressing
apple
2 chocolate kisses
parfait from McDonald's
leftover bratwurst (no bun) and spicy mayo
2 beers (one light)
handful mixed nuts
butter pecan ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment