Saturday, May 5, 2012

187.8 Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Wow, looks like I'm off to a great start!  I lost .8 lbs yesterday.  I wasn't expecting that because of what I did to my body last night!  I had 9 beers and did some drunk junk food eating when I got home.  Perhaps not too much damage was done since I made a point to drink light beers instead of the heavier craft beers I usually enjoy.

Yesterday I went to the gym and before I started my workout I talked to one of the personal trainers, Sophia, about getting a re-assessment.  I got an assessment (which is pretty much measurements, percent body fat, etc.) when I first joined the gym in January and was supposed to get a new one each month but I haven't.  Since I'm actually serious about this now, I'm going to start anew and each month we will be able to see how much I've shrunk!  :)  We set up an appointment time for Tuesday.

For my workout yesterday, I did the elliptical for 20 minutes, walked uphill on the treadmill for 25, then ran half a mile.  My total mileage was 3.75 miles; I'm keeping track of this because along with trimming down I also want to get back to being a good runner.  Three or four years ago I used to run 3 miles every day, the first one on an incline and the other two flat.  Towards the end of the first mile it started to get really difficult, but then I'd take away the incline and it felt amazing!  Like I was running downhill.  I want to have that feeling again!

Here is what I ate (and drank) yesterday:

1.25 cups cereal with milk
nonfat greek yogurt
3 crab rangoon
2 large carrots with artichoke dip
handful of squid jerky (like beef jerky, but squid!)
spinach chicken wrap
cottage cheese
7 Bud Lights and 2 Coors Lights
1/2 cup chicken fried rice
2 handfuls popcorn
2 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment