Wednesday, May 9, 2012

185.6 New Workout Plan

I gained .2 lbs yesterday, which is less than I thought I would since I though yesterday's loss was only due to not eating before weighing in.  I guess I really did lose a lot of weight 2 days ago!  At this point I've lost 3 lbs, which is already past my goal for May.

Yesterday when Sophia gave me my re-assessment, we talked about what I've been doing in my workout and she made a suggestion to help me get faster results.  She said that when I'm on the elliptical or treadmill I should do 30 seconds at a higher level than usual, than a minute and a half back to normal, repeating for a total of 20 minutes.  I tried it, going from level 8 to 11 on the elliptical and speed 3.8 to 6.4 on the treadmill.  My workout on the elliptical was definitely more challenging this way, but walking for a minute and a half between running just seemed too easy on the treadmill.  Today I made it more difficult by walking and running on a slight incline.  It was the perfect challenge!  I did the elliptical and treadmill for 20 minutes each yesterday, for a total mileage of 3.5 miles.

On a side note, someone hit me on my way driving to the gym today.  I was waiting to turn left, and he just rammed right into me from behind!  He said he was looking down at the time, which to me means he was texting.  Texting and driving is worse than being drunk!   Luckily neither of us got hurt.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

greek nonfat yogurt
2 carrots with artichoke dip
half a leftover strip steak
apple
nonfat cottage cheese
3 leftover pork tenderloin medallions
dinner at PF Chang's, where we all shared a little of everything:
2 pork wontons
2 lettuce wraps
small portions of kung pao chicken, wok-charred beef, and shrimp in a white wine sauce
a few bites of a fried banana spring roll (yummmmm)
ginger mojito
1/4 can of squirt

1 comment:

  1. That's the spirit, Amy! It's good to know that you're up for the challenge. With full determination, you'd definitely achieve your goal in no time.

    Brandon Pepper

    ReplyDelete