Thursday, May 10, 2012

184.8 Group Class Kicked My Ass

Look at me, losing weight!  I lost another .8 lbs yesterday and I even ate barbeque and drank 4 beers.  Yesterday for my workout I did the 30 seconds on, minute and a half off on the elliptical and treadmill (adding the slight incline on the treadmill) for 20 minutes each.  My total mileage was 3.5 miles.

For my workout today, I went to a group class at my gym called "Cone 'n Tone."  The description of the class online was "work and tone all muscles of the body."  I wanted to work my muscles so I thought it would be a good class to go to.  I didn't know what the cone part was all about, and if I had I might not have gone.  The class ended up being about 1/4 muscle toning, and the rest was heavy, HEAVY cardio.  We were running laps around the room, running backwards and sideways and whatnot, WAY more running than I've been doing, and I felt like I was going to die.  It was sort of disappointing because, although it was a good workout, I can do cardio on my own and I was hoping for an hour full of muscle work.  It's ok, there's another class at the gym that fits this description.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

cereal
leftover PF Changs (not much left)
greek nonfat yogurt
hardboiled egg
1/2 ribeye steak
corn on the cob
baked beans
cole slaw
2 slices garlic bread
2 Kraeftig lights
1 Wheach (a peach wheat beer...mmmmm)
1 very large (22 oz. I think?) Weihenstephaner kristallweizen

No comments:

Post a Comment