Monday, July 2, 2012

179.0 Fun, Fattening Weekend

Well, looks like I gained back in Columbia the weight I lost in KC.  For some reason when we go back to Columbia I throw it all to the wind...maybe because we are seeing old friends and maybe because being there reminds me of being in college.

I did not record everything I ate on Friday and Saturday, but it was a lot of unhealthy food and alcoholic beverages (Saturday night I decided I'm on a jalapeno simple syrup kick and had the bartender put it in all my drinks, including beer, which was actually really good.  I'm going to try to make some myself from the jalapenos in our garden.  Supposedly it's very easy).  Last night Jack and I cooked Italian braised chicken thighs, which were excellent, but of course a bit fattening.  Although they were delicious, they were sadly unsatisfying because while it took over 2 hours to make them, they took so little time to eat!  Tonight we are using a recipe for steamed white fish from our new light cookbook (Cooks Illustrated's "The Best Light Recipe").

For my workout Friday I ran 1.5 miles and walked .5 miles.  Saturday I did a few ab exercises but nothing else and Sunday Jack and I swam in the lake on his farm.  Here's what I ate yesterday:

Chalupa from Taco Bell
banana
2 small braised chicken thighs
butter pecan ice cream
2 beers

No comments:

Post a Comment