Tuesday, July 3, 2012

179.2 A New (To Me) Way to Steam Fish

Cod with zucchini and tomatoes en papillote, with mediterranean curry spiced couscous

Last night Jack and I made the above dish using a recipe from our new cookbook, "The Best Light Recipe" by Cook's Illustrated.  It is a traditional French way to steam fish, in which you wrap the fish in parchment paper with a tight seal and cook it in the oven.  Since no steam is allowed to escape, the fish steams perfectly.  This recipe was modified slightly in that it called for aluminum foil instead of parchment paper.  I fell in love with this way to steam fish because recently Jack and I tried to do it in a basket over boiling water and the water boiled too high, getting the fish wet and thus ruining it.  The recipe turned out great and the zucchini, basil, and oregano were from our garden (the tomatoes need a bit more time to ripen).

It would seem that I gained .2 lbs yesterday, but I think that may just be because I went to the gym after eating lunch today (a bit later than usual).  I did my regular workout today and it was really difficult.  I sort of felt like I was dying.  I think that is probably because the last time I did this workout was Friday 6/22, a week and a half ago.  Yesterday for my workout I went to the Muscle Works class then ran for 1 mile and walked half a mile.  Here's what I ate:

cereal
lettuce wrap filling (we were out of lettuce)
hardboiled egg
nectarine
nonfat greek yogurt
a few slices of salami
a few tomato slices with salt
6 oz. cod with zucchini and tomatoes
couscous
small glass of red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment