Tuesday, July 24, 2012

176.6 Why So Little Energy??

Whoops!  Forgot to post yesterday.  Yesterday I weighed 176 lbs.  I've been gaining weight the past couple days.  :(

Today for some reason I found running to be extremely difficult.  After 1.2 miles, I had to stop for a couple minutes and drink some Gatorade before finishing out the 1.8 miles, and I didn't run another .6.  On top of that, I can't remember the last time I was so exhausted after a workout.  I felt like I could barely walk and I was zoning out on the drive home.  I got a decent amount of sleep last night and had cereal for breakfast this morning, so not really any different from usual.  I also had some iced tea which should have given me an energy boost if anything, but is likewise not outside the norm.  Could it be my body being mad at me for what I ate yesterday?  Could it be dehydration from too much salt (we had Chinese food for dinner last night)?  I really want to know what's up because I don't think this is normal for someone my age who's sort of out of shape but not drastically so.  I should be able to run my measly 1.8 miles!

Sunday for my workout I walked . 6 miles, ran 1.8 miles alternating between 6.6 and 6.8 mph, walked .6 more miles, and ran .6 more miles gradually increasing my speed from 6.6 to 6.8 mph.  Here's what I ate:

nonfat greek yogurt
BBQ at Jack's parents' house: 1/3 porksteak, chicken breast and wing, small portion of pasta salad
3 glasses white wine
16 oz. beer

Yesterday for my workout I went to the muscle works class then walked .6 miles, ran 1 mile, and walked .25 more miles.  Here's what I ate:

cereal
1/2 leftover meatball sandwich
leftover vegetable tian
chinese food: medium portions of pork and chicken entrees, small portion fried rice, 3 crab rangoon
large lemon bar

No comments:

Post a Comment