Wednesday, July 18, 2012

176.0 Back in the Running Groove

Hurray, I seem to be out of that bad running funk I was in for a few days!  Today I wore a different pair of shoes that have an extra support insert in them.  That seemed to have helped, since I felt pretty ok after my 1.7 mile run and was able to run a half mile more.  After that extra half mile, though, I had terrible shin splints.  I probably just need to get a new pair of running shoes, but money is a bit tight right now.

Last night Jack and I made "chicken with 40 cloves of garlic," a traditional French dish and one of my favorites.  There is a lot of preparation involved (30 mins. of brining the chicken and 45 mins of roasting garlic before cooking the chicken) but if you plan ahead it's not so bad.  I had a whole chicken leg (thigh and drumstick) with the skin on (it was so crispy, I couldn't resist!) and the sauce was pretty fattening; so, I was afraid I wouldn't lose much weight today, if any.  But look at me, I lost 1.4 lbs!

Yesterday for my workout I walked .6 miles, ran 1.7 miles at 6.5 mph, then walked .4 more miles.  Here's what I ate:

cereal
hardboiled egg
leftover fish taco
tomato, sliced, with salt
handful raspberries
8 oz. pom juice
chicken thigh and drumstick
large portion cole slaw
cookie
large glass white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment