Saturday, July 28, 2012

? Tandem Problems

Whoops!  Forgot to blog yesterday.  I meant to in the evening, but then my eyes were so glued to the TV screen (Olympics Opening Ceremony was on), that I completely forgot!  I weighed 175.2 yesterday, which means I had no net weight loss last week.  :(  I guess it must've been the chicken we had for dinner two nights ago; I did notice it had quite a bit of fat on it (Jack made grilled "beer can chicken"--it was the moistest chicken I've ever had!).

I was in intense pain yesterday after running.  Not just my shins, but my entire legs and hips.  Even walking to my car was very difficult.  And I only made it to 1.2 miles!  I think I'm going to take Jack's advice and do something else for my workout for a while.  Today we went biking on the KT trail and decided to take the tandem, which we hadn't used all season.  Once we started, we began to realize that many things were wrong with the bike, such as a missing cog, a messed up derailer, and the metal post under the front seat was bending back.  Yes, bending.  That's how hot it is here.  So the bike ride turned out to be pretty difficult.  But I think for the rest of this week I will make biking my workout.

Thursday for my workout I walked half a mile, ran 1 mile alternating between 6.7 and 6.9 mph, then went to the muscle works class.  Here's what I ate:

cereal
leftover spaghetti and meatballs
small glass of strawberry milk
2 grilled chicken legs
small salad with cheese and caesar dressing
small serving of candied sweet potatoes
spumoni ice cream

Yesterday for my workout I walked .5 miles, ran 1.2 miles alternating between 6.7 and 6.9 mph, and walked .4 more miles.  Here's what I ate:

cereal
salad with leftover chicken breast and caesar dressing
glass of V8
large glass of strawberry milk
4 small pieces of pizza
1 chicken wing
salad with cheese and Italian dressing
chocolate chip cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment