Monday, October 8, 2012

167.0 Beer Festival

So...it would seem I gained .6 lbs this weekend but that's not absolutely terrible.  I did stick to my guns as far as only taking little sips of beer at the festival, but there were a few favorites that I had 2-3 full refills on (the glasses were about 5 oz.).  So I still ended up drinking a lot more beer than I normally would on a night out (the beers were a lot more caloric than more regular Bud Light, too).  But it's ok!  I will try to keep my diet under control this week.

By the way, Jack and I had a great time at the festival.  There were lots of really good beers, and we especially enjoyed the choices from the Garage Brewers Association; there were a couple sour beers that one certain member made that were excellent.  We stayed at a bed and breakfast that was just recently opened by a spa, and got a couples massage at that spa the next day.  It was a pretty nice, relaxing weekend!

Saturday for my workout I did the elliptical for 10 minutes and walked for 25 minutes.  Here's what I ate:

toasted english muffin with jam
glass of OJ
bowl of chili with cheese
1 meatloaf slider
cup of coffee with sugar and cream
beer samples
about 6 chocolate covered dried strawberries

Yesterday I did not workout (didn't want to ruin the effect of my massage).  Here's what I ate:

large fruit granola bar
2 bunches of grapes and a handful of raspberries
cup of coffee with sugar and cream
3 large beef jerky sticks
prime rib
1 slice of buttered texas toast
cottage cheese
7 small chocolate "nuggets"

No comments:

Post a Comment