Saturday, September 1, 2012

168.2 Lost 5 Lbs in August

Ok, this is crazy: I somehow lost the exact amount of weight I needed to yesterday to get to my monthly goal.  I know it seems unlikely, but I swear I'm not lying!  I even ate a pretty heavy breakfast today before going to the gym and weighing myself.  I'm very proud of myself for meeting my goal!

I have also officially lost over 20 lbs at this point.  I have about 23 more to lose, but because of my muscle gain, at this point I'm no longer married to my ultimate goal weight.  We'll see how it goes, but at this point I'd like to retain my original goals, just because it's something to keep me on track.  My goal for this month is to lose 6 lbs.  Actually, if I lose 6 lbs per month for the next 4 months, I will be at my goal by New Years.

Today I ran a little more than yesterday, and faster too.  I actually found that I liked running faster better; it feels different from jogging (uses more muscles throughout the body) and although it's more difficult, it's a lot less boring.  I ran 1.25 miles, gradually increasing my speed to 7.0 mph.  I felt great the whole time, then at the very end I felt exhausted (although this might have been psychological because of knowing the end was near).  No shin splints yet, but I'm trying to ease into this.

Yesterday for my workout I went to the hour-long pilates class, did the elliptical for 10 minutes, walked for 20 minutes, and ran 1 mile.  Here's what I ate:

mango protein shake
1/2 avocado
glass of V8
nonfat yogurt
serving of beef jerky
Chicago-style hotdog from Steak and Shake
small side of fries
kid size strawberry banana shake
several thin apple slices
thin slice of toasted bread with crumbled goat cheese
3 glasses of red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment